The Mission provides safe, comfortable lodging and showers for individuals who find themselves without shelter and needing a place to rest and get out of the elements. These guests might be transients passing through the area, some are people struggling as they work to get back on their feet and a few others are individuals that choose to join our discipleship program and become accountable in several areas of their life.
At our Men’s Facility we have space for 70 men, and in our Women & Children’s Facility we can accommodate 48 women & children.
For food and Clothing please call Deb Dezee at 605-334-6732, Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 4 PM
The Union Gospel Mission serves three nutritious meals every day of the year with special dinners provided on Easter, Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and on other unique occasions.
These meals are free to the public and are served at:
6:00AM – 6:35AM
11:30AM – 12:00 NOON
5:45PM – 6:00PM
Due to Covid-19, 4 at a table.
We have seen an increase in the number of meals provided recently; in 2019 we served a total of 147,840 meals, The UGMSF staff is ready to serve! Loving God and Loving People!
Come and spend some time at the Mission with a smile and ears to hear about life! Rich-man Poor-man Any-man women or child!
- THOMAS F MORSE CENTER: Adult learning, education, and employment services center. Open to any one who would like to receive assistance in getting a GED, job skills, and computer literacy.
- VIDEO MINISTRY: Christian videos shown daily.
- YOUTH MINISTRY: Vacation Bible Time and camp opportunities.
- CHIROPRACTIC TREATMENTS
- COMMUNITY OUTREACH: Mission representatives select families in need and assist them with food & hygiene boxes, quilts, clothing, footwear, or a Christmas tree and decorations.
- MEDICAL CLINIC: Staffed by USD student nurses, Community Health & Resident Doctors.
- LAMPLIGHTERS: Men and women gather monthly to hear about the ministry, how they can assist, and relay this information to others.
Make a Donation